Thursday 3 June 2010

Band of the Week (a little late, I know, but stop bitching!) - Letters to Cleo

I first got into Letters to Cleo when I was at Boarding School.  I didn't fit in, so I went out of my way to really not fit in, so whilst everyone around me was listening to British Indie, I get very seriously into American grunge and indie music.  To this day, I can't really stand a lot of the 90's British bands, but that's just me being a choosy cow!

LTC were, for me, something of a change, as I have never been a huge fan of female vocalists (summat to do with being an Alto - can't actually sing along properly to women).  Still, I was introduced to them by someone I knew living in the US, and really got a kick out of them.

I find their music happy, and to be honest, isn't that really why we listen to music.  Even death metal can be happy, if it strikes the right chord in you.  And I will hold my hand up and say there is some music in my history that really should remain there.  But to this day, when I hear "Here & Now" I want to jump up and down (which is silly, as I would just fall over!).

So a short but sweet post on a band did disband, but have since reformed, and make me happy.  If you want to put a smile on your face, give these guys a listen.

Next week, I shall (work permitting) do a bit more on metal - which is the only reason y'all stop in, I know.  I might even do it this week, as work have pissed me off so much, I am going to take more me time, and do less work time! 

1 comment:

  1. I must be out of touch, but i have never heard of this band. I will totally check it out.
    THanks

    ReplyDelete