Tuesday 8 June 2010

Decorating frenzy, MRI, and random thoughts of the week

This week is going to be a bit of a strange one in the Beefam house.  We started redecorating my bedroom (aka the lounge) two years ago, just before I went into hospital for the first time.  We stripped 100 years worth of wallpaper (where previous occupants had just wallpapered over - it was like going back in time each new layer we found!) removed the really horrid pink carpet, and burned the really dreadful pink curtains (which, I hasten to add, came with the house).

Then I was admitted to hospital, my health steadily deteriorated, and nothing (and I mean NOTHING) was done about the bare walls, and bare floor boards.  Fast forward two years, and finally we are getting round to doing something about it - hopefully it's so that Tigga can bring rich chicks home, so we can all retire, and live off her, but I digress.

Tigga has been in mega planning mode for the past week, deciding when we they are going to do what.  And today was the first day.  Which is insanity, as I have to work tonight, so sleeping for me was always going to be a problem, and Tigga got off nights this morning.  Still, the boys have managed to sugar soap and first coat paint one half of the room.  Second half tomorrow, and hopefully floors laid by Thursday!

I have my MRI tomorrow evening.  It's a 7pm appointment, which is odd, but I guess the prick consultant that I argued with after being admitted two weeks ago has realised that I may well be going insane due to pain, there may actually be something properly wrong with me.  Or not.  I shall keep y'all posted.  And no jokes about finding a brain, as I have already had an MRI, and it proved conclusively that I had a brain - or it may have been a growth.  Who can tell?

The Mentalist is going to see the GP tomorrow.  We went to see the bitch the day before we went up north, with me sitting in her office, clutching my head, and eventually getting up and walking out.  Now, I don't know about you, but to me, the fact that I felt the need to get up and walk out because I was in too much pain, should have caused alarm bells.  But do you know what this alleged Doctor does?  Nothing.  Not one single thing.  She doesn't try and look at me.  She doesn't call me later to find out if I am ok.  She doesn't do one single thing.  And I know y'all have said that I need to change doctors.  And I will.  But I am sending The Mentalist in for one last chance, to see if she does have a heart, or even an empathetic bone in her body.  And if she doesn't, we shall change, and we shall also report her to the GMC for a complete lack of care.  Again, I shall keep you posted.

The Mentalist may have a new job.  Or at least there is one that he will be applying for.  Which is a damn shame, as I had quite grown to love having a butler.  But the extra income for shoes would be good, so I guess I have to take the good with the bad.

And I am taking Thursday night off, as I really do need a break from this place.  I know I have just had one, but you probably won't have noticed I am getting a bit stressed!  So it's two one day weeks for me!  Woo hoo!  And if The Mentalist does his job properly, I might even get signed off for the rest of the week.  But we shall have to wait and see.

But I hope you all had a great weekend.  Not long til summer (and for me, it's only 18 days until Roskilde!  Woo freaken hoo!!!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to point out that I am a legend and that doctor is now going to do exactly what I want her to do. You mention "dorphal horn" in a conversation and it is amazing the results you get. Try it, you too would be amazed with what you can get done.

    ReplyDelete